Classical Lyric Soprano voice, extended Vocalese, Keyboards, Djembe and various drums, Singing Bowls, Thumb Pianos and Recorders, various world percussion including Wawa and chimes…and other items that resonate when struck…
Harbouring an eclectic passion for all things connected to creative music making, Cydnei’s particular love of performing non-secular, close harmony, medieval and classical contemporary music has seen her expertly grace the concert platform, stage, TV and Radio with such notables as Lontano, Errollyn Wallen, Stevie Wishart, and Colin Riley.
Cydnei’s deep understanding that music heals is the driving force behind the intent of her improvisation and that life is about ‘relationship’ – with others, with nature, and the world around us….and it is from this connectedness that inspiration is drawn.
HIGHLIGHTS: featuring on Lontano’s first “Women in Music” CD, taking centre stage in the opera “Inanna” by Jenni Roditti, taking on the festival circuit with an alternative cabaret show including “Chard Women’s Festival”, and rubbing shoulders with Glynebourne Opera whilst singing very high notes in choir lofts in the South East.
- MSc Play Therapist
- BA in Performing Arts
- Diploma in Music Therapy
- Diploma in Neuro-dramatic Play
- Membership of Health Care Profession Council (HCPC)
- DBS Certificate (update service)
- Training: all compliance training including Emergency First Aid
- Performing Rights Society
- PPS indemnity insurance
- British Association of Play Therapy
- Voice, piano, drum kit, djembe and HAPI drum, Sansulas, Koshi and Elfen chimes plus many other strange and wonderful sound making implements; composer and improviser
- Sound healing
- Previous experience: Registered Care Manager.
- Current experience: working with vulnerable client groups – ranging from nursery room support through to supporting children and adults alike with Learning difficulties, including Autism and Asperger; Dyspraxia and Dyslexia; supporting people with life limiting conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis and elder care, including Dementia
- Volunteer work: refugee & asylum seekers and children’s bereavement
- Organising Fund Raising Concerts
- Co-writer for monthly local magazine articles - referencing music
- Managerial related skills including project managing