Percussion & Chanting
As a performer I have been described as experienced, exuberant and excitable….and have blown my vast array of wind instruments for professional musical happenings throughout the world for many years…..always embracing a massive selection of musical inspirations, and always gathering new stylistic ideas to infuse into my music to encourage growth.
A firm believer in music that is both good and fresh….quality and variety are the spice of professional life for me. Never happier than working in collaboration with other open minded musicians and artists, concocting together heady brews for special and individual projects.
Highlights of my varied and diverse career are: playing contrabass saxophone on the “Strange Cargo” tour with William Orbit, leading 400 saxophonists on an improvised musical march through the City of London, backing Lovers Rock icon Barry Biggs, being rowed around the Highgate Ladies’ Pond while improvising, developing an exciting new musical as part of a “Glyndebourne Opera” outreach project, touring with Ballet Rambert and Shobanah Jeyasingh Dance, opening the 1st Royal Festival Hall’s “Meltdown Festival” with “Icebreaker” and guesting on BBC2’s “Later….with Jools Holland”.
- Entrepreneur, Project creator, coordinator and leader
- Performance Collaborations and Art Installations
- Creating soundtracks for exhibitions
- Saxophones, Clarinets
- Improviser (from classical & popular music styles to free improvisation)
- Sound healing
- BA (hons) in Performing Arts
- Diploma in Aromatherapy
- Musicians Union
- Public liability insurance cover
- Performing Rights Society
- Glyndebourne Opera outreach collaborations
- Academy of St Martins in the Fields outreach collaborations
- Successful applications for Arts Council funding (PD & education)
- Working with Autism and Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)
- Organising fund raising concerts/festivals
- Volunteer for “Help Musicians UK”
- Co-writer for monthly local magazine articles - referencing music